Terms of Reference for WG8 (Direct Mode Operation)
WG8 (Direct Mode Operation - DMO)
The objective of the Terms of Reference for TC TETRA WG8 is to maintain existing TETRA deliverables and produce an additional set of ETSI deliverables (and the maintenance thereafter) in order to enhance TETRA in accordance with the following requirements:
to discharge its responsibility to complete current work items from WG2DMO release 1 and propose new work items for any necessary remaining work on WG2DMO release 1
- provision of new ETSI deliverables in order to support further user/market driven requirements that may be
- ensure backward compatibility and integration of the new services with existing TETRA standards, in order to future proof existing and future investments by TETRA
The user requirements will be clarified in co-operation with WG1 when applicable.
Reference Technical Body is TC TETRA.
WG8 is organized as follows:
Chairman: Gottlieb Schwarz
4. Work items and timeline
a) Technical requirements for Direct Mode Operation (DMO); Part 2: Radio Aspects edition 2 (REN/TETRA-08063 EN 300 396-2)
b) Technical requirements for Direct Mode Operation (DMO); Part 3: Mobile Station to Mobile Station (MS-MS) Air Interface (AI) protocol edition 2 (REN/TETRA-08064 EN 300 396-3)
c) Technical requirements for Direct Mode Operation (DMO); Part 10: Managed Direct Mode Operation (M-DMO) (DEN/TETRA-02042-10 EN 300 396-10)
d) Technical requirements for Direct Mode Operation (DMO); Part 4: Type 1
Repeater Air Interface (AI) edition 2 (REN/TETRA-08079-4 EN 300 396-4)
e) Technical requirements for Direct Mode Operation (DMO); Part 5: Gateway Air Interface
(AI) edition 2 (REN/TETRA-08079-5 EN 300 396-5)
f) Technical requirements for Direct Mode Operation (DMO); Part 7: Type 2
Repeater Air Interface (AI) edition 2 (REN/TETRA-08079-7 EN 300 396-7)
4.1 Target date for the start of work
5. Necessary manpower
Work of the deliverables will be done on a voluntary basis in WG8. WG8 may need STF support,
following approval by TC TETRA, for work where WG8 competences/resources are insufficient.
6. Related activity in other bodies and necessary co-ordination of schedules
Close cooperation with WG1 (User Requirements), WG2 (Radio Aspects), WG3 (Network Aspects), WG5 (Voice Coding), WG6 (Security) and WG7 (SIM) is anticipated.
Continuous cooperation will be maintained with TC TETRA Management Committee.
7. Reference specification(s) and existing documents
ETS 300 396-1: General network design
- ETS 300 396-2: Radio aspects
- ETS 300 396-3: Mobile Station to Mobile Station (MS-MS) Air Interface (AI) protocol
- EN 300 396-4: Type 1 repeater Air Interface
- ETS 300 396-5: Gateway Air Interface
- EN 300 396-7: Type 2 Repeater Air Interface
- ETS/EN 300 396-8: PICS documents
- EN 300 396-10: Managed Direct Mode Operation (M-DMO)
Reference specifications as defined in the existing documents.
8. Expected output(s)
ENs, ESs, TSs in accordance with identified work items.