ETSI Technical Committee (TC) TCCE (TETRA and Critical Communications Evolution)
Approved at Board #93, June 2013
ETSI TCCE shall have responsibility:
For the provision of user driven standards
for authority to authority secure voice and data services and
facilities over broadband and narrowband air interfaces.
- To collect and specify requirements from relevant
stakeholders such as the Emergency Services, Government,
Military, Transportation, Utility and Industrial organizations
as well as Public Access Mobile Radio (PAMR) Operators.
- To maintain and develop the existing TETRA standard.
- For ETSI deliverables (in whole or in part) dealing with
both TETRA and mobile broadband critical communications.
- To ensure that work programmes within ETSI TC TCCE are co-ordinated
with other European and International Standards making bodies to
avoid duplication of deliverables.
2. Areas of activity
The activities of TC TCCE will fall largely into the following broad areas:
To identify requirements for mission and business critical
broadband services that will enable an evolution of digital
narrowband PMR services to mobile broadband.
To identify and fill standardization gaps such as:
The provision and development of proportionate security measures
for TETRA and mission critical communications services.
The selection and development of suitable CODECs for Audio and
- The evolution and enhancement of TETRA and critical
communications services as required by the market with the
provision of new services, facilities and functionality made
possible by new technology innovations and standards.
To identify requirements for the further development of the
- The maintenance of the TETRA standard.
3. Organisation and working methods within the
- TC TCCE shall work in accordance with the
ETSI Directives and, in particular, the Technical Working
- TC TCCE shall provide progress reports to
the ETSI Board and OCG from time to time
- TC TCCE shall comprise a number of Working
Groups (WGs) structured in such a way to address the different
user requirements and technical aspects of the required
- TC TCCE plenary meetings shall take place
at least twice a year at which TC TCCE members shall be invited
- The TCCE Management Committee (MC)
comprising at least the TC Chairman, the ETSI Technical Officer,
and Chairman of each Working Group (WG) shall address management
issues as and when required using e-mail, conference calls and
meetings as appropriate.
- The work of ETSI TC TCCE shall depend upon
effective co-operation and liaison with other TBs. Some typical
examples of co-operation and liaison are 3GPP for broadband
standardisation, RT for rail transport broadband standardization
matters, ERM for spectrum and EMC matters, EMTEL for public
safety user requirements, RRS for recommended CR/SDR spectrum
management solutions and SAGE for security matters.
- Outside ETSI, TC TCCE relies heavily on and
shall co-operate and liaise closely with the TETRA + Critical
Communications Association (TCCA) particularly in regard to the
development of requirements, use cases and architecture for
mission critical communications standardisation. TC TCCE will
liaise with other external organizations
- Participation in TC TCCE is open to all
ETSI members in accordance with the Technical Working Procedures.
Observers and non-members may participate at the discretion of
the Chairman in line with clause 1.4 of the Technical Working