Terms of Reference for OCG sub-group on Artificial Intelligence (OCG AI)
Version approved by the OCG 01 October 2021
The main responsibilities of the ETSI OCG AI are to:
- facilitate the exchange of views and information on AI activities in TBs and ISGs in order to identify synergies, best practices and common requirements
- evaluate the impact of AI on the production of standards (e.g. interoperability, testing, compliance to EU ethical guidelines) that can be common to different TB/ISGs and suggest guidelines for the relevant TB/ISGs
- identify common activities (e.g. terminology, common requirements) or standardization-related gaps, and make proposals on how to address them
- promote and maintain a coordinated view of information (including work items) from TBs/ISGs on activities related to AI
- coordinate provision of information by the TBs and ISGs on AI matters relevant to ETSI
- be a continuously-available interface between ETSI and EC/EFTA for response to questions and calls for comment on issues relevant to AI standardization
- report to the OCG, the Board, the GA, or the EC whenever required
- consider the need for and/or propose external cooperation related to AI standardization.
- It is not part of the OCG AI responsibilities to produce standards or promote specific AI solutions.
2. Organisation and working methods
- OCG AI shall work in accordance with the ETSI Directives. In particular a portal page shall be maintained for organisation of meetings and contributions, plus a mailing list.
- OCG AI shall provide progress reports to the ETSI Board and OCG as requested.
- OCG AI shall maintain a publicly-viewable overview of AI activities within ETSI, in cooperation with ETSI secretariat and the related TBs/ISGs
Chairing of the Group:
- The Chair of OCG AI shall be appointed by the OCG. OCG AI may appoint Vice-Chairs as necessary. A secretary will be provided by the ETSI Secretariat.
of the group is open to all ETSI members.
of the ETSI Secretariat (e.g. Technical Officers) are invited to participate as
required and/or represent their respective technical body(ies) when requested
to do so.
are invited to participate as ETSI Counsellor in the group.