Terms of Reference (ToR) for Technical Committee Secure Element Technologies (TC SET) Working Group "TEST" (TC SET TEST)
Approved at SCP Plenary meeting #37 (SCP-080243) (change of name from SCP to SET at SCP#102)
The main responsibilities of TC SET TEST are:
Identify and define test requirements for TC SET and services related to it.
- Create TC SET test specifications and reports.
- Maintain TC SET test specifications and reports.
The main tasks of TC SET TEST are:
- Create, develop and maintain application independent test specifications related to TC SET technical specifications.
- Ensure overall coherence and timely and expeditious evolution of the test specifications.
- Verify consistency of the test specifications with the specifications of other
TC SET TEST meets at least four times a
year at regular intervals.
Splinter groups can be set up to discuss
the various topics depending on the tasks identified by the WG Plenary.
During a meeting, the WG meets in plenary sessions to give guidance to the
splinter groups and discuss and finalise their output.
The specification work should be done as
much as possible in the regular WG meetings. Electronic work to advance
topics and documents for the discussion in a WG meeting is encouraged.
However some ad hoc sessions might be organised in some cases such as:
- When there is an exceptionally high
amount of work needed to accomplish an agreed target.
- When specific expertise is required.
- When there is a need for a joint
session with another group.
A Work Item Description (WID)
needs to be set up in order to start the development of a new test
specification or a new technical report.
To facilitate its work, TC SET TEST shall
identify relevant bodies and ask the TC SET Plenary for the agreement to set
up direct liaison to these bodies.
Formal liaison should be
established with bodies sharing references with TC SET test specifications
in order to facilitate the work on specifications dependence/consistency.