Terms of Reference for Technical Committee Secure Element Technologies (TC SET) Technical Working Group (TC SET TEC)
Approved at SCP#18 (change of name from SCP to SET at SCP#102)
The main responsibilities of TC SET TEC are:
- Implementation of TC SET requirements specifications.
- Technical Expertise on UICC, servers and related services.
- Maintainance of existing TC SET Technical Specifications and Reports.
The main tasks of TC SET TEC are:
- Implementation of the TC SET requirements and enhancements.
coherence, maintenance and timely and expeditious evolution of the
specifications for the UICC platform.
- To propose
SET REQ enhancements or new services to be implemented in the UICC.
- To ensure
consistency of Technical Specification and Reports with the specifications of
other bodies such as 3GPP, 3GPP2 and GlobalPlatform.
TC SET TEC meets at least once prior to each TC SET Plenary meeting.
Splinter groups are set up to discuss the various topics depending on the
tasks identified by the WG Plenary. During a meeting, the WG meets in plenary
sessions to give guidance to the splinter groups and discuss and finalise
their output. The specification work should be done as much as possible in the
regular WG meetings. Electronic work to advance topics and documents for the
discussion in a WG meeting is encouraged. However some ad hoc session might be
organised in some cases such as:
- When there is an exceptionally high amount of work needed to accomplish an
- When specific expertise is required.
- When there is a need for a joint session with another group.
To facilitate its work, TC SET TEC shall identify relevant bodies and ask
the TC SET Plenary for the agreement to set up direct liaison to these bodies.
Formal liaison should be established with bodies referencing TC SET specifications in order to facilitate the work on specifications
In some cases, informal liaison is handled by delegates attending
international standardisation meetings and forums, for example ISO/IEC SC17
and the Java Card Forum.