TC CABLE Working Group 4 (WG4) Terms of Reference Network, Fault, Monitoring and Performance Management and Test & Measurement
Approved by TC at CABLE#20
- Collection, definition and development of requirements for integrated
broadband cable telecommunication networks, systems and equipment covering the
end to end network from all aspects of network management, test and measurement.
- Collection, definition and development of requirements for integrated broadband cable telecommunication networks, systems and equipment covering Internet Protocol related issues
- Development of network performance requirements and
- Development of network fault and
monitoring requirements and tools
- Development of test plans for the end to end
network, systems and services
- Assessment of works by SCTE in accordance with collaboration agreement with ETSI
with regards to leveraging best practises developed by SCTE covering the above.
- Assessment of works by ITU, IEC, ISO, CEPT/ECC with regard to developed best
practices covering the above
- Review and comment on issues discussed within TCAM as they relate to integrated broadband cable telecommunication networks
Areas of activity
- Creation, development and maintenance of Standards and other ETSI deliverables
related to the area of responsibility, specifically
Access and distribution network
- Establishment of technical guidelines/reports, implementation guidelines,
specifications and promote best practises.
- Review and contribution to activities of other ETSI Technical Bodies and
external organizations requiring expertise related to the area of responsibility