Terms of Reference (ToR) for ETSI Technical Committee (TC) Network Technologies (NTECH )
Approved at ETSI Board#89, updated at Board#98a, Board#104 and Board#117
General Introduction / Mission
Not duplicating what is in the scope and specified by 3GPP, OneM2M and any other ETSI group that is responsible for specific technologies, the TC will:
- Be the
ETSI competence centre on network technologies, including interconnection to other networks.
- Provide architecture and protocol specifications applicable to access and core networks.
- Be the ETSI competence centre on ‘Future Networks’ technologies.
Coherent with its mission and limits there from, in collaboration and accordance with other relevant entities:
Areas of activity
The activities of TC NTECH include the following:
- Protocol specification and/or profiling, including - but not limited to - session control signalling, policy-based QoS/resource control signalling and AAA signalling for conversational and content delivery services.
- Numbering, naming, addressing and routeing.
- Service and Network interconnection and interworking, including content delivery networks.
- Migration to and Interworking with future networks, including – but not limited to - Information Centric Networking, Real-Time Communications over the Web.
- Enablers for enterprise communications: Business trunking, network-hosted enterprise services (including Network as a Service).
- Enablers and associated APIs to access network resources (e.g. network-based authentication, location information, content caching, etc.).
- Enablers for law enforcement and regulatory requirements (e.g. emergency communications routeing, lawful interception, data retention).
- Maintenance of NGN, IN, ISDN, B-ISDN and SS7 specifications.
- Network security.
- End-to-end security.
- Maintenance of Cloud Computing deliverables.
Organization and Working Methods
TC NTECH shall work in accordance with the normal rules as given in the ETSI Directives and, in particular, the Technical Working Procedures.
Participation in TC NTECH is open to all ETSI members in accordance with the Technical Working Procedures. Observers and non-members may participate at the discretion of the Chairman in line with clause 1.4 of the Technical Working Procedures.
ANNEX 1 (Informative)
Collaboration with other bodies (both inside and outside ETSI)
TC NTECH has or will set-up the appropriate communication channels to groups both within and outside of ETSI.
- ETSI TC ATTM
- ETSI TC EMTEL
- ETSI TC INT
- ETSI ISG NFV
- ETSI ISG ENI
- ETSI ISG NGP
- ETSI ISG ZSM
- ETSI PP 3GPP (CT1, CT3, CT4, SA2, SA5, SA6)
- ECC WG NaN