Terms of Reference (ToR) for Technical Committee (TC) Core Network and Interoperability Testing (INT)
Approved/Revised at ETSI Board#117, 20/04/2018
- Develop Core Network test specifications (interoperability, conformance, performance, security), based on, but not limited to, 3GPP specifications (including Virtual, Layered and Autonomic Networks).
Initiate and supervise interoperability events (such as Plugtests) related to Core Networks as well as other events (workshops and seminars).
Coordinate interoperability efforts with other organisations GSMA, IETF, OMA.
- Endorse test specifications from/to other SDOs e.g. ITU-T.
Areas of activity
The activities of TC INT will include the following:
Write and validate test specifications (e.g. test purposes, test
descriptions, TTCN-3 test cases).
- Perform feasibility studies on standardization activities in all
relevant areas of Core Network standards/specification testing
and prepare ETSI Technical Reports and ETSI Guides.
- Provide feedback to 3GPP on base specifications.
- Maintenance and evolution of all published AFI deliverables.
- Act as ETSI main center of expertise in the area of Core Network standards/specifications testing and be able to offer advice to ETSI Technical Bodies, the Board and the General Assembly.
- Organise regular interoperability events with appropriate
Organization and working methods
TC INT shall work in accordance with the ETSI Directives and, in
particular, the Technical Working Procedures.
Participation in TC INT is open to all ETSI members in accordance with the Technical Working Procedures. Observers and non-members may participate at the discretion of the Chairman in line with clause 1.4 of the Technical Working Procedures.
ANNEX 1 (Informative) Collaboration with other bodies (both inside and outside ETSI):
TC INT will set-up the appropriate communication channels to groups both within and outside of ETSI.
- 3GPP on system level aspects
- TC STQ for quality aspects
- TC MTS on TTCN-3 language issues