|2019-01-22||Work Programme||Version 2.3.3|
|Work Item Reference||Type||STF||Technical Body
|Not Available for Download|
(Click to View Full Schedule)
|Cover Date||Standstill||Creation Date|
||2016-12-01||View Standstill Information||2014-12-03|
|Rapporteur||Technical Officer||Harmonized Standard|
|Gergely Csatari||Laurent Vreck||No|
Network Functions Virtualisation (NFV); Open Source Components for NFV
Open Source Components for NFV
Scope and Field
Open source is understood as a key component to facilitate interoperability (e.g. as pieces of a reference platform).
This work item aims at creating and maintaining a feedback loop between the ISG NFV and relevant open source projects (for example, OPNFV, OpenStack, OpenDaylight), reducing the "impedance mismatch" in approaches, working procedures and languages between both worlds.
Specifically, this work item aims to:
- Open appropriate communication channels to relevant open source projects and create awareness of NFV work.
- Provide guidance/best practices recommendations to NFV WGs with respect to effective communication to Open Source communities.
- Coordinate the collection of NFV requirements and feature requests and feeding them to these projects in a digestible, prioritized format to influence new releases.
- Support and contribute to the identification and tracking of gaps between the implementation of these projects and NFV requirements and feature requests.
- Provide feedback on implementation experience gained during running PoCs, interop tests, and other experimental activities to these projects (e.g. as reports on guidelines, best practices, etc.).
- Provide feedback on implementation experience from these projects to the ISG.
- Create awareness of the work (e.g. available components, features, release plans) of relevant open source projects and mapping it to ISG E2E architecture, use cases, and/or requirements.
- Identify in on-going industry initiatives the intercept between ETSI NFV WI requirements and OPNFV planned features, and raiseawareness in ETSI NFV to those priorities.
Informative outputs from this WI is stored on NFV Private Wiki here:
|Hewlett-Packard, TELEFONICA S.A., Intel Corporation (UK) Ltd, Oracle Corporation, DOCOMO Communications Lab., AT&T GNS Belgium SPRL, Huawei Technologies (UK)|
Open Source Software
|Displaying Item 71 of 72...|
|Any comments or problems with this application? Please let us know...|