|2019-06-26||Work Programme||Version 2.3.3|
|Work Item Reference||ETSI Doc.
|RGS/NFV-IFA008ed321||GS NFV-IFA 008||NFV IFA|
(Click to View Full Schedule)
|Cover Date||Standstill||Creation Date|
||3.2.1||2019-04-04||View Standstill Information||2018-08-24|
|Rapporteur||Technical Officer||Harmonized Standard|
|Xu Yang||Laurent Vreck||No|
Network Functions Virtualisation (NFV) Release 3; Management and Orchestration; Ve-Vnfm reference point - Interface and Information Model Specification
Ve-Vnfm ref point - Spec
Scope and Field
This revision of NFV-IFA 008 continues the development of the specification as part of the NFV Release 3.
This edition will add requirements and specification of interfaces and associated information model to support the Release 3 features, and it will extend the scope of the former Release 2 edition summarized hereafter:
The reference point Ve-Vnfm described as part of the NFV architecture framework in GS NFV002 is actually further split in the informative GS NFV MAN001 in two reference points - one between the VNF Manager and a VNF (Ve-Vnfm-vnf) and one between the VNF Manager and an EM associated with that VNF (Ve-Vnfm-em); these reference points are mainly used for the lifecycle management of that VNF. The scope of the Work Item will include the functional and information requirements of all VNF management interfaces over the reference points between the VNFM and theVNF/EM, based on which complete interfaces technical specifications can subsequently be defined, for interoperability purposes.
The results of the work item will include:
• Detailed description of interfaces and its operations functionality.
• Detailed information model requirements of related VNF lifecycle management interfaces, for:
- Lifecycle management of VNFs, including the instantiation, modification, update, scaling, healing and termination of VNFs.
- Lifecycle change notifications of VNFs.
• Detailed information model requirements of other related generic VNF management interfaces, for:
- VNF fault management.
- VNF performance management.
- VNF configuration
• Detailed information model requirements of any other generic VNF management interfaces (new and/or previously described in GS NFV MAN 001) needed to be exposed between in support of VNF/EM and VNFM, in support of necessary VNF-related management operations.
• Validation of interface operations and information model requirements against end-to-end flows. Data models/schemas and protocols needed to implement the detailed functional requirements are not covered in this deliverable.
The WI will leverage GS NFV MAN001 and will consider any applicable other guidelines, studies and requirements as appropriate, in close collaboration with the other organizations working on these aspects, such as 3GPP SA5 and TMF. The deliverable will contain normative provisions.
This revision of NFV-IFA 008 will address the Release 3 candidate features listed in Annex B of the Release 3 Definition (v0.10.0). Where needed, it will continue the previous version to enhance and complete the specified Release 3 features.
This revision will reflect the maintenance performed to NFV Release 2 documentation and of already specified Release 3 features.
|Huawei, PT Portugal, Orange, DOCOMO, Telefonica, ZTE, Ericsson|
|Displaying Item 51 of 72...|
|Any comments or problems with this application? Please let us know...|